The mini-portrait series features the work of a Benesh Notator during the last year. The aim of this series is to show the great variety of work notator can do as well as highlighting the work of many great individuals
Portrait n.4: Karl Burnett
I trained as a notator in 1993/94 at the Benesh Institute, London. Using Benesh scores, written both by myself and others, I have the immense pleasure these days, of teaching and producing ballets by Sir Kenneth MacMillan. Unfortunately, I don’t get the opportunity to write that much nowadays but, a recent commission [from Lady MacMillan], was the re-mastering of the Manon score [see excerpt below].
- Mayerling for the Ballet de Santiago, Chile
- Manon at the SemperOper Ballet, Dresden
- Romeo & Juliet, at the New National Theatre, Tokyo.
- Mayerling revival at the Royal Ballet, London
- Manon at the Astana Opera & Ballet, Kazakhstan
- Manon for the Compania Nacional de Danza, Mexico City [première June 2017].