Mini-portrait #7: Dany Lévêque
Choreologist and assistant of Angelin Preljocaj. Full time Benesh Notation course 1990 graduate. During the last year Dany has:
- Notated a Benesh Notation score for La Fresque which premiered on the 20th of September 2016, it a complicated work that last 1h20 long which has many choreographic amendments done to it.
- Set from own score a new version of Spectral Evidence at the New York City Ballet and for a new cast with the Preljocaj ballet
- Remounted Peurs Bleues for The Ballet Preljocaj Junior, creation from 1985 that hadn’t been notated so Dany created a working score for this work.
- Dany has done many public rehearsals with an invited audience in Aix-en-Provence
- She has been on tour with the Ballet Preljocaj to Bangkok, Turin, St Denis de la Réunion.
- Remounted extracts of L’Anoure and Personne n’épouse les méduses and given rehearsals to the GUID Groupement urbain d’interventions dansés
- Pre and post performance talks/conferences in Venise, alliance française, Aix-en-Provence and soon (June 2017) in St Denis de La Réunion
- In July she is starting work on a new creation which will be premiered in September 2017
- Dany will also be doing a talk at the Benesh conference in Paris the 6th July 2017 on her book “Angelin Preljocaj, de la création à la mémoire de la danse“